Art and poetry can help you deal with the challenges of diabetes. Through art, kids often express feelings they cannot express in other ways. Please share your art with others.
- Diagnosis Day is a poem by 12-year-old Connor
- I Am is a poem by 12-year-old Shannon
- Diabetes Made Visible is a collection of photographs at flickr.
- A Lifetime of Diabetes is a collection of photographs that captures what living with type 1 diabetes means.
- Michael writes "About Me"
- She Still Smiles is by Kerri Morrone
- Always There by Isobel Hannan was written six months after her daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
- Be Aware of Me and My Illness is a poem by Krystal Davis.
- The Beast Within was written by Linda Kaniasty for her daughter Megan.
- Bring It On is a poem by Mark Koekemoer from South Africa
- Captain Courage is a Diabetic Superhero created by Bob Kelly after his son was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Changes by Jen Thibodeau is a poem for her daughter Sierra
- A Day in the Life of a Diabetic was written Rik Strayer, a fifteen-year-old who was diagnosed in 1994.
- Diabetes Day is a poem by Kiersten Ridgel
- Holiday Songs with a diabetes twist
- I Got Diabetes is a poem by Craig McAlister Broadhurst, M.Ed, NCC.
- I'm So Sweet is a poem about diabetes written by Joan Fleitas, Ed.D., R.N. and is included in her Bandages and Blackboards web site.
- Innocence Lost is poem by Deah Fisher.
- Leigh writes about her sister Lauren, who has diabetes
- A Life With Diabetes is written by Denise Kay Gordon.
- Little Boys is written by Debi, mom of Ricky
- Looking Back and The Enemy are both by Usha Dhiman, who has lived with type 1 diabetes for 45 years
- Madison's Diabetic Days is a poem by Madison's mom
- Night Visits by Pam Bushway shares a parent's anxiety about nighttime testing
- Ode to the Pump is a poem by Heidi Vogan
- Shannon, a five year old with diabetes, recently had her first flu bug. She made a drawing for us to share.
- The Stranger is by Mary Ellen O'Neill
- Venom is a poem by Deah Fisher, whose 14-month-old son was diagnosed with Type 1 on November 16, 2000.
Additional Diabetes Art and Poetry Links
- The poetry of Gary Hempleman, a long-time CWD visitor who passed away in December 2002, is organized online at DiabetesPoetry.com.
- 'Twas the Night Before Work ... by Kerri Morrone (Six Until Me author) offers a diabetes twist on the famous holiday favorite. Also be sure to read Kerri's She Still Smiles.
Last Updated: Tue Feb 27 10:09:13 2007
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.