Art and poetry can help you deal with the challenges of diabetes. Through art, kids often express feelings they cannot express in other ways. Please share your art with others.
Diagnosis Day is a poem by 12-year-old Connor
- I Am is a poem by 12-year-old Shannon
- Diabetes Made Visible is a collection of photographs at flickr.
- A Lifetime of Diabetes is a collection of photographs that captures what living with type 1 diabetes means.
- Michael writes "About Me"
- She Still Smiles is by Kerri Morrone
- Always There by Isobel Hannan was written six months after her daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes
- Be Aware of Me and My Illness is a poem by Krystal Davis.
- The Beast Within was written by Linda Kaniasty for her daughter Megan.
- Bring It On is a poem by Mark Koekemoer from South Africa
- Captain Courage is a Diabetic Superhero created by Bob Kelly after his son was diagnosed with diabetes.
- Changes by Jen Thibodeau is a poem for her daughter Sierra
- A Day in the Life of a Diabetic was written Rik Strayer, a fifteen-year-old who was diagnosed in 1994.
- Diabetes Day is a poem by Kiersten Ridgel
- Holiday Songs with a diabetes twist
- I Got Diabetes is a poem by Craig McAlister Broadhurst, M.Ed, NCC.
- I'm So Sweet is a poem about diabetes written by Joan Fleitas, Ed.D., R.N. and is included in her Bandages and Blackboards web site.
- Innocence Lost is poem by Deah Fisher.
- Leigh writes about her sister Lauren, who has diabetes
- A Life With Diabetes is written by Denise Kay Gordon.
- Little Boys is written by Debi, mom of Ricky
- Looking Back and The Enemy are both by Usha Dhiman, who has lived with type 1 diabetes for 45 years
- Madison's Diabetic Days is a poem by Madison's mom
- Night Visits by Pam Bushway shares a parent's anxiety about nighttime testing
- Ode to the Pump is a poem by Heidi Vogan
- Shannon, a five year old with diabetes, recently had her first flu bug. She made a drawing for us to share.
- The Stranger is by Mary Ellen O'Neill
- Venom is a poem by Deah Fisher, whose 14-month-old son was diagnosed with Type 1 on November 16, 2000.
Additional Diabetes Art and Poetry Links
Last Updated: Tue Feb 27 10:09:13 2007
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.