The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has published the latest National Diabetes Fact Sheet in November 2005. Key statistics for diabetes in the United States include:
- 20.8 million Americans have diabetes as of 2005, or 7.0% of the population
- Of those, 14.6 million are diagnosed, 6.2 million are undiagnosed
- Type 1 diabetes accounts for 5% to 10% of all diagnosed diabetes
- About 176,500 people under age 20 have diabetes
- Approximately one in every 400 to 600 children and adolescents has type 1 diabetes
For More Information
- National Diabetes Fact Sheet, United States, November 2005
- HHS Releases 2003 National Diabetes Estimates
- Diabetes Statistics from the American Diabetes Association
- Diabetes Statistics from the Internation Diabetes Federation
- e-Atlas from the International Diabetes Federation offers global statistics about diabetes
December 27, 2005
Last Updated: Tue Dec 27 10:51:16 2005
Copyright © 1995-2006 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.