You can use and and or between your keywords; and applies by default. Terms are evaluated from left to right, with expressions in parentheses evaluated first. Wildcards (asterisks) can be used only at the end of a word.
- and finds documents containing instances of two or more words. If you enter multiple words without a conjunction, and is assumed.
example: lispro and pump
- or finds documents containing instances of at least one of two terms in a document.
example: lispro or pump
- ( ) finds instances of the expression in the parentheses first and then the rest of the expression in the document. The example below returns documents where either 'pump' or 'pen' (or both) are found if 'lispro' is found as well.
example: lispro and (pump or pen)
- not finds documents containing one or more words and not another. The example below returns documents containing 'lispro' as long as they don't contain 'pump'.
example: lispro and not pump
- asterisk [*] finds documents containing words that are comprised of the start of the term entered. The example below returns documents 'hypo', 'hypoglycemia', 'hypoglycemic', etc. Note that the asterisk must come at the end of the term.
Last Updated: Thu Aug 29 19:59:42 2002
Copyright © 1995-2006 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.