Several continuous blood glucose meters are in various stages of development. These products have the potential to revolutionize diabetes care, making frequent blood sugar testing a reality. Watch these pages for the latest information.
FDA Approved Continuous Blood Glucose Monitoring Products
- DexCom Seven
- The MiniMed Continuous Glucose Monitoring System
- Navigator by Abbott Diabetes Care
- The GlucoWatch (still available from Animas Corporation)
- Comparison of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Systems
- Getting Started with Continuous Glucose Monitoring
For More Information
- Use of the GlucoWatch Biographer in Children With Type 1 Diabetes. This study was funded partially by the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- Accuracy of the GlucoWatch G2 Biographer and the Continuous Glucose Monitoring System During Hypoglycemia: Experience of the Diabetes Research in Children Network. Free full text available in HTML or PDF format.
- An article about Bloodless Testing appeared in the October 1998 issue of Scientific American.
- Scientists strive to spare diabetics from the needle.
- Noninvasive Blood Glucose Monitors by the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse summarizes the status of noninvasive meters.
- The Race for a Painless Monitor by David Mendosa
- Advances in Non-Invasive and Semi-Invasive Testing and Continuous Monitoring Technology by the Diabetes Mall offers an excellent summary of the state of the technology
April 4, 2006
Last Updated: Mon Sep 08 12:38:42 2008
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.