Dietitians are part of diabetic care teams, and with good reason: nutrition is a critical part of proper diabetes management. But it's not just about counting carbohydrates or figuring out exchanges. It's about selecting and maintaining a healthy and enjoyable diet.
Other Nutrition Information
- The American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists has released its Medical Guidelines for the Clinical use of Dietary Supplements and Nutraceuticals. (946 KB PDF file) See also New AACE Medical Guidelines for Use of Dietary Supplements; Endocrinologists Encourage Education Before Use.
- Response to What if It's All Been A Big Fat Lie?
- The ADA has released new recommendations on food and diet in the management of diabetes.
Food Matters Chats
- Herbals, Supplements and Diabetes: Round Two (15 January 2001)
- Obesity: Does It Harm or Merely Offend? (8 January 2001)
- Resolutions (1 January 2001)
- The Skinny on Fat (18 December 2000)
- Herbs and Diabetes (11 December 2000)
- General Food Issues (4 December 2000)
- Understanding and Using Glycemic Index for Better BG Control (27 November 2000)
- Let's Talk Turkey: Enjoy Thanksgiving and Keep Control (20 November 2000)
- Food Label Detective: In Search of Hidden Carbs (13 November 2000)
- I Don't Want To Be the "Food Police!" (6 November 2000)
- Food Matters: Restaurant Eating: Go Ethnic! (30 October 2000)
- Halloween: The Tricks for Handling Treats (23 October 2000)
- I Am the Count! Fat and Carb Counting to Meet Your Goals (16 October 2000)
- The False Promise of Fat-Free Foods (9 October 2000)
- Fast and Flavorful: Tasty Meals with Less Effort (2 October 2000)
- Restaurant Eating: Focus on Fast Foods (25 September 2000)
- Food Matters: Carb Counting (18 September 2000)
Last Updated: Tue Aug 29 12:03:40 2006
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.