General On-Line Sources
- Usenet newsgroups are always a great place to look for information on the internet. Several focus on diabetes:
- misc.health.diabetes was one of the earliest diabetes newsgroups. The focus is more on adult issues than kids.
- alt.support.diabetes focuses on adults, primarily with type 2 diabetes.
- alt.support.diabetes.kids, while about diabetes in kids, receives very little traffic.
Before you begin your quest for knowledge on a newsgroup, you should always read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). So check out the Usenet Diabetes FAQ, written by Edward Reid. It's an excellent place to start to find information about diabetes.
- All Diabetic International is an international support forum based at Yahoo.
- Diabetes UK contains information about diabetes in the UK.
- Diabetes Forums offers discussion boards about diabetes.
- Diabetes Talkfest is a web-based discussion group covering all aspects of diabetes.
- Health Central's Diabetes Information site offers help for people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
- Jewish Diabetes is a discussion group for people looking for help in managing diabetes within the dietary laws of Judaism.
- People with diabetes face discrimination in the workplace. Read Employment Considerations for People Who Have Diabetes.
- Web sites from outside North America, and non-English language sites, include:Danish
- Diabetes.dk is the web site of the Danish diabetes association
English, but from outside North America
- Vlaamse Diabetes Vereniging is the web site of the Flemish Diabetes Association.
- Diabakids SA is for kids and their families in South Africa
- The Finnish Diabetes Association web site describes its activities.
- LifeScan France offers French visitors information about LifeScan products and services.
- MeLLiTis is a French-language web site about diabetes run by Pierre Y. Benhamou, MD, PhD.
- Deutsches Diabetes Forum provides diabetes information in German.
- diabetes-kids.de is a German language web site for kids with diabetes.
- Diabetes Austria covers diabetes for Austria.
- Diabeticus is a German-language site with information about diabetes.
- The Junge Forschung is a German-lanuage web site for young pediatric endocrinologists.
- Associazioni Italiane Giovani Diabetici (Federation of Young Diabetics Italian Association) coordinates the operations of local Associations for Young Diabetics families and helps spread information about IDDM. The website is in Italian.
- Diabetes.it is an Italian language web site about diabetes by Novo Nordisk.
- Progetto Diabete is an Italian-language web site.
- The Korean Diabetes Association was established in 1968 and now has more than 600 active members. In both Korean and English.
- Endocrinologia, Diabetes e Nutrição do HUEC
- Associação de Jovens Diabéticos de Portugal offers help to families in Portugal.
- The mission of the Sociedade Brasileira de Diabetes is to contribute to the development of education, research and diabetes aid in Brazil.
- Diabet.ru is a Russian-language web site about diabetes.
- Asociacion Latinoamericana de Diabetes (ALAD), from Buenos Aires, Argentina, is a website for Latin Americans with diabetes.
- Asociacón Mutual Integral Provincial de Ayuda al Diabético offers support to families in Argentina.
- clínica diabetólgica is a Spanish-language web site about diabetes.
- Diabetes Juvenil is a Spanish-language web site about diabetes.
- Federación Española de Asociaciones de Educadores en Diabetes (Spanish Federation of Associations of Educators in Diabetes) is dedicated to advancing the role of the diabetes educator and improving the quality of diabetes education and care in Spain.
- Fundacion Diabetes Juvenil de Chile offers support for families in Chile.
- Información para personas con Diabetes is a Spanish-language website with information about diabetes and links to many other Spanish-language sites.
- MejorVida is a Spanish-language web site for anyone living with diabetes.
- UKPDS provides Spanish-language information about the recent UK study of Type 2 diabetes.
- DiabetologNytt is the Swedish-language web site of the Swedish Association for Diabetology. Many articles in their Diabetes Update are also in English.
- On-line Diabetes Resources, run by David Mendosa, is an excellent source of information about diabetes and has the most extensive collection of links anywhere.
- U.S. News & World Report's Diabetes Center is produced with help from the Joslin Diabetes Center.
[ Links Home | ADA | JDRF | CDA | Companies | General | Government & Hospitals | Medical | Misc. | Non-Profits | Blogs ]
Links validated on August 22, 2006
Last Updated: Sat Nov 25 09:30:31 2006
Copyright © 1995-2007 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.