- The Alberta Foundation for Diabetes Research raises funds to support clinical trials, as well as other promising diabetes research projects being carried out in Alberta, Canada.
- American Associaton of Diabetes Educators is the professional organization for diabetes educators in the US.
- The American Association of Kidney Patients is a resource for those with kidney failure. Included in the patient stories is a diabetic who suffered kidney failure.
- The American Diabetes Association is the largest diabetes support organization in the US.s
- The web site of The American Dietetic Association has nutritional information, frequently asked questions, and can help you find a dietitian.
- The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes is one of the best clinical and research centers in the world.
- The British Society For Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes supports children with endocrinological disorders and diabetes mellitus.
- Our list of Camps for Children with Diabetes can help you find a great summer retreat for your child.
- The Canadian Diabetes Association is the focal point for diabetes in Canada.
- The Children's Institute is a rehabilitation facility and school for children and young adults with disabilities.
- The Diabetes Action Research and Education Foundation is organized to enhance the quality of life for all people whose lives are affected by diabetes and its complications. DAREF provides provides a weekly diabetes tip and recipe on its website.
- The Diabetes Association of Greater Cleveland is a local, independent United Way Agency, serving Northeast Ohio.
- The Diabetes Educators of Eastern Massachusetts pages discuss the role of diabetes educators and include other useful information.
- The Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association offers advice and assistance to athletes with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Federation of Ireland provides support to people with diabetes throughout Ireland.
- The Diabetes FIT Foundation from Switzerland is a self-help group promoting "Diabetes and Technology" and a virtual reality diabetes University. Diabetes Clip Art is available for free from the FIT Foundation.
- The Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association helps athletes with diabetes with workshops, conferences, and their quarterly newsletter, The Challenge.
- The Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi serves the 240,000 people in Mississippi with diabetes.
- The Diabetes Foundation of Rhode Island provides information, services, and support, in Southeastern New England for people with diabetes.
- Diabetes New Zealand acts as a national focal point for people affected by diabetes in New Zealand.
- The Diabetes Research Institute in Miami, Florida, is an international center dedicated exclusively to the cure and treatment of diabetes.
- The Diabetes Research and Wellness Foundation supports sentific research into treatments and cure of diabetes; conducts screenings, and education programs to save lives from blindness, kidney failure, amputations; and publishes The Diabetes Wellness letter. It also provides free medical alert ID necklaces and diabetes self-management diaries and educational literature upon request.
- Diabetes UK contains information from the British Diabetes Association's Balance magazine, as well as other sources. Beware: there is a very large Java application on the home page that is simply an animated image.
- Diabetes Voice is the Bulletin of the International Diabetes Federation.
- Diabetes World Flight is the first round-the-world flight by a pilot with Type 1 Diabetes, finishing in USA on 19th February 2003.
- The Diabetes Resource Coalition of Long Island offers information and support to people living with diabetes on Long Island.
- The Diabetic Children's Foundation of Mont-Royal, Québec, provides funds for research and Camp Carowanis.
- Dream Trust aims to offer complete healthcare to underprivileged type 1 diabetics, especially children and with a particular focus on female diabetics.
- The Endocrine Society is the world's largest and most active organization devoted to the research, study and clinical practice of endocrinology. Their section about diabetes and insulin offers links to resources for professionals and patients.
- The goal of the Diabetes Education Study Group of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) is to encourage and support therapeutic education about diabetes and the rapid diffusion of acquired scientific knowledge in the field.
- The Federation of European Nurses in Diabetes (FEND) intends to develop and promote the professional status of the diabetes nurse throughout Europe.
- FEND is the Federation of European Nurses in Diabetes.
- F.I.T. USA Foundation, Inc. strives to advance FIT (Functional Insulin Treatment) certified care, liberate people with continuous education in diabetes self-treatment, provide advanced self-management technology, assist under-privileged people with diabetes, prevent diabetes and find a cure.
- The Human Biological Data Interchange (HBDI) was founded to provide a resource to researchers in their search for diabetes genes.
- INPUT (promoting INsulin PUmp Therapy) is a patient-led support group for diabetics using insulin pumps in the UK.
- The goal of The Islet Foundation is to cure Type 1 diabetes through transplantaion of microencapsulated islets. You can read about their technique.
- The Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust is working to convince the US FDA to allow importation of beef-sourced insulin.
- Insulin-for-Life helps provide insulin to those in need in the developing world.
- The Insulin Pumpers web site has information about pumps and a very large and active mailing list for pump users of all ages.
- The International Diabetes Center developed the Staged Diabetes Management program.
- The International Diabetes Federation is an organization of 146 national associations in 121 countries. Their web site includes information about diabetes from around the world.
- The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation raises money for research.
- The Louisiana Diabetes Foundation serves people with diabetes who live in Louisiana.
- The National Diabetes Center is a patient advocacy group for physicians.
- The Nevada Diabetes Association for Children and Adults is committed to helping anyone with diabetes enjoy a better quality of life and to create programs of excellence in Nevada to reduce the impact of diabetes in our state.
- The Society for Endocrinology publishes its newsletter, The Endocrinologist, online.
- The South African Diabetes Association is a national welfare organization which provides support and information to people with diabetes and to the public.
- Sugarbugs is a group for children with diabetes. Their main goal is to be a sounding board and support network for families with diabetic children.
[ Links Home | ADA | JDRF | CDA | Companies | General | Government & Hospitals | Medical | Misc. | Non-Profits | Blogs ]
Links validated on August 22, 2006
Last Updated: Tue Aug 22 12:15:35 2006
Copyright © 1995-2007 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.