Throughout the world, researchers in universities, hospitals and private companies are hard at work, trying to uncover the secrets of diabetes, discover a prevention, develop better management technology and, ultimately, find a cure. Watch these pages for news, information and press releases on all these fronts.
News and Notes from Conferences and Professional Meetings
- CWD Conferences & Events:
Sep 2008 | Jul 2008 | Feb 2008 | Jan 2008 | Oct 2007 | Aug 2007 | Jul 2007 | Apr 2007 | Mar 2007 | Feb 2007 | Jan 2007 | Sep 2006 | Jul 2006 | Mar 2006 | Sep 2005 | Jul 2005 | Sep 2004 | Jul 2004 | Feb 2004 | Aug 2003 | Jul 2003 | Jan 2003 | Sep 2002 | Jul 2002 | Jul 2001 | Jun 2000
- ADA Scientific Sessions:
Jun 2008 | Jun 2007 | Jun 2006 | Jun 2005 | Jun 2004 | Jun 2003 | Jun 2002 | Jun 2001 | Jun 2000 | Jun 1999 | Jun 1998 | Jun 1997
- AADE Annual Meetings:
Aug 2008 | Aug 2007 | Aug 2006 | Aug 2005 | Aug 2004 | Aug 2003 | Aug 2002 | Aug 2001 | Aug 2000 | Aug 1999
- Other Meetings:
Diabetes Technology Meetings: Nov 2008 | Apr 2008 | Oct 2007 | Apr 2007 | Nov 2006 | Apr 2006 | Nov 2005 | Apr 2005 | Oct 2004 | Nov 2003
Global Diabetes Summit 2007 -- DRI Research Update 2004 | 2003 -- CDA 2002
Hot Topics in Diabetes
- Immunizations and Type 1 Diabetes
- The Edmonton Protocol for Islet Transplants
- Stem Cell Research
- Cure Research
- Dr. Denise Faustman's Work
- Fasting plasma C-peptide and micro- and macrovascular complications in a large clinic-based cohort of type 1 diabetic people.
- Exenatide Sensitizes Insulin-mediated Whole-body Glucose Disposal and Promotes Uptake of Exogenous Glucose by the Liver.
- Influence of cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy on atherogenesis and heart function in patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Recovery of endogenous beta cell function in non-human primates following chemical diabetes induction and islet transplantation.
- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors reverse type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic mice. See also Two cancer drugs prevent, reverse type 1 diabetes, UCSF study shows.
- Mitomycin C-treated dendritic cells inactivate autoreactive T cells: Toward the development of a tolerogenic vaccine in autoimmune diseases. Free full text available in PDF format.
- Egg Consumption and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in Men and Women.
Daily Care News
- Effect of Age of Infusion Site and Type of Rapid-Acting Analog on Pharmacodynamic Parameters of Insulin Boluses in Youth with TIDM on Insulin Pump Therapy.
- Pramlintide in the treatment of diabetes mellitus.
- Intensity of immunity in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus vaccinated against hepatitis B.
- Psychological Therapy to Improve Control of Type 1 Diabetes.
- Web-based Collaborative Care for Type 2 Diabetes: a Pilot Randomized Trial.
Legislative and Legal News
- Judge rejects pact on injecting diabetic kids. See also California judge rules only nurses can give insulin to kids, The American Nurses Association, ANA/California, And The California School Nurses Organization Win Case Enforcing The California Nursing Practice Act In Administering Insulin To Students With Diabetes In California's K-12 Public Schools (PDF).
- Diabetes advocates push lawmakers for insurance reform.
- Keep diabetic kids safe at school.
Diabetes News in the Popular Press
- Health or Wealth? Tough Choice for Diabetics -- Diabetes Treatment Costs Rise; Many Diabetics Cannot Keep Up.
- 51 years of diabetes and insulin.
- Poll finds that young diabetes patients have trouble coping.
- Two Girls Are Best Friends, Help Each Other With Diabetes.
- Geri Winkler seeks a new adventure along the Silk Road; Type 1 diabetic travels through Central Asia.
- Shannon Koehle: Q&A; - Miss Black U.S.A. 2007 And Diabetes Advocate Kalilah Allen-Harris.
- Pumped up for life.
- Ray Allen, Wife Recall Son's Diabetes Diagnosis .
- Insulin pump treatment is not equitable in New Zealand.
- Cost of insulin pumps for children to be covered (in British Columbia). See also B.C. limits insulin aid for kids.
- beta-cell autoimmunity in pediatric celiac: the case for routine screening?
- Infectious associations of Celiac disease.
- A prospective evaluation of endoscopic markers for identifying celiac disease in patients with high and low probability of having the disease.
Last Updated: Wed Nov 19 17:37:32 2008
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.