The following organizations offer financial or material support to people with diabetes.
Financial Aid and Awards
- The Ascensia Dream Fund awards $150,000 to help people with diabetes to make their dream a reality.
- The Education for Children with Diabetes Foundation offers scholarships to families who have kids with diabetes to attend CWD conferences.
- Novo Nordisk, the leading pharmaceutical company in diabetes care, is teaming up with Billie Jean King WTT Charities to present the Novo Nordisk Donnelly Awards. Billie Jean King established the awards in 1998 to encourage diabetic children to lead an active life and compete in tennis. The two awards each provide $5,000 scholarships to young tennis players suffering from diabetes. The award is named after two long-time World Team Tennis executives and tennis champions, Diane Donnelly Stone and Tracy Donnelly Maltby, who are sisters. Stone was an All-American and NCAA doubles champion at Northwestern University, and Maltby earned All-Big Ten honors at the University of Iowa. Both women have had diabetes since childhood.
Two young people, ages 14-21, who have diabetes and play tennis competitively in tournaments or on their school team will receive the $5,000 scholarships. In addition, the recipients will travel to a World Team Tennis match to receive their awards from Billie Jean King. All applications must be received by May 1, 2007, and the winners will be announced by June 15, 2007. For more information and to download an application log on to www.wtt.com and click on BJK/WTT Charities.
- Lilly offers three awards programs for people with diabetes:
- The LillyForLife 50-Year Insulin Award recognizes people with diabetes who have been on insulin for at least 50 years.
- The LillyForLife 75-Year Insulin Award recognizes people with diabetes who have been on insulin for at least 75 years.
- The LillyForLife Achievement Award is a recognition program that celebrates the inspiring achievements of people of all ages who live with diabetes, including health care professionals, spouses, and parents who care for people with diabetes. Nominations are now being accepted for the 2005 program and the awards will be presented in the fall of 2005.
For more information, see the LillyForLife web site.
- The Diabetes Hope Foundation offers scholarships for college to kids with diabetes living in Canada.
Support for Diabetes Supplies
- Families struggling to pay for diabetes supplies can apply for short-term assistance from Supplies for Children with Diabetes, part of the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- Maintaining State Regulated Health Insurance for Diabetes.
Last Updated: Sat Jan 20 21:20:19 2007
Copyright © 1995-2007 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.