You know you're the parent of a child with diabetes when ...
- In public your teenager announces they're high and you hand them a syringe.
- Your 6-year-old is given many colors of modeling clay and told she can create anything she wants and she chooses to make a meter, lancet and cotton ball for her diabetic teddy bear.
- Your laundry smells good because you accidently washed the glucose tabs again.
- Your nine-year-old son pees on the toilet at 3 a.m., and you're not mad because now you can check his ketones without making him get up again!
- You end up with a drop of blood on the antenna of your cell phone during a 1 am blood glucose check.
- Doing math homework, in response to the question "Name three things that you use in your home to measure with and draw a picture of it," your 6-year-old son writes "syringe" and painstakingly draws a picture of it.
[ Most Recent Parent Humor | From 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 ]
Use our Letter to the Editor form to send in your addition.
Last Updated: Thu Oct 09 14:54:11 2008
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.