Parental Permission Requirements

The Need for Parental Permission
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we must obtain verifiable parental permission before children under 13 are permitted to post information to this web site that would identify themselves. Permission must be obtained before a child can create a home page in Kids' Voices, add an entry in the Friends Database, use the Message Board, or sign up for a mailing list. Chat rooms do not use individually identifiable information and therefore do not fall within the requirements of the law.

For parents who have children under the age of 13 and who want to (a) have their child's story included in the Kids' Voices pages or (b) allow their child to use the Message Board, you must send a letter with the following text to the address below.


Children with Diabetes, Inc.
8216 Princeton-Glendale Road, PMB 200
West Chester, OH 45069-1675

I hereby give Children with Diabetes, Inc. permission to include information about my child, [fill in your child's name], in the portions of the Children with Diabetes web site that I have checked below

[   ] in the Kids' Voices pages

[   ] in the CWD Forums

I understand that I may revoke this permission at anytime by sending another letter to the address shown above, sending an e-mail to the e-mail address shown above, calling the telephone number shown above, or by sending a fax to the fax number shown above.

[sign your name]
[print your name]
[your address]
[your home phone number]
[your e-mail address]

If you have any questions about parental permission requirements or your privacy at Children with Diabetes, write to:

Children with Diabetes, Inc.
8216 Princeton-Glendale Road, PMB 200
West Chester, OH 45069-1675
Online Feedback Form

Updated October 7, 2008

Not Helpful  1 2 3 4 5  Very Helpful                  E-mail Page     Print Format    

Last Updated: Tue Oct 07 15:11:08 2008
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.

US Flag This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Legal Notice and Privacy Policy.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2008. Comments and Feedback.