Diabetes is a very common disease, and it is an astonishing fact that in every family, more or less one or even more people suffer from diabetes. Diabetes can cause various ill effects on your body. Even Diabetes can seriously affect different parts of the body, including ocular health. Therefore, it is very important to get your health checked and you should consult the Doctor for proper medication.
Diabetes occurs when your blood glucose level rises. There are several reasons that can cause diabetes like obesity, insulin resistance, genes and family history, hormonal diseases, and various other causes. Therefore, it is very important to maintain a healthy routine and balanced diet to stay healthy with diabetes.
Steps To Help You Stay Healthy With Diabetes
Let us now check on the steps to be followed to stay healthy with Diabetes
Step I- You need to consult your doctor and ask /her about the Diabetes Self- Management Education and Support (DSMES) services.
The healthcare team that will instruct you on how to maintain your health and how to incorporate what you learn into your daily life is one of the DSMES offerings. You can also associate with your medical team to get the assistance you need, make better decisions about your diabetes, and develop self-care skills with the aid of DSMES services.
Step II- You need to know about certain important parameters-
A-One –C test-
- A-One-C test is a blood test that gauges your three-month average blood sugar level. It is distinct from the daily blood sugar checks you would perform.
- For many diabetics, the A1C target is below 7.
Blood Pressure Measurement- Blood pressure is the amount of pressure your blood exerts against the walls of your blood vessels. If your blood pressure becomes too high, your heart must work harder to maintain it. Unless your doctor and you agree on a different objective, you should try to maintain blood pressure below 140/90.
Controlled Cholesterol- LDL and HDL are the two forms of cholesterol found in your blood. Your blood vessels can be clogged by a build-up of LDL, or “bad” cholesterol. The “good” cholesterol HDL aids in clearing your blood vessels of the “bad” cholesterol.
- It is important to find out what your cholesterol levels should be by
asking your Doctor.
- Also, ask what you can do if your stats are not where they should be.
Quitting Smoking is an important factor in deciding a healthy life with diabetes condition. Smoking raises the blood sugar level.
Step III- You should learn proper skills to stay healthy with diabetes.
- You practice many activities like spending time with family members, gardening, listening to music, etc. as this can help in stress management and controlled diabetes.
- Consult your Doctor if feel down and fatigued.
- You should follow a healthy diet chart and need to be physically active.
- Follow a strict activity plan the whole day to be fit and healthy.
- Keep track of your daily essential activities like taking medicines, doing exercise, monitoring blood pressure, maintaining healthy gums, etc.
Step IV- Your need to get routine care to stay fit and healthy. Follow the good routine and maintain a healthy life to stay fit with diabetes.