Researchers at the University of California, Irvine are Recruiting Children with Type 1 Diabetes and Healthy Controls
- 3 sessions at the UCI Medical Center.
- First session includes: Height & Weight measurement, brief medical interview and assessment of fitness.
- Second session includes: 3-day glucose monitoring for diabetics, exercise test (ten 2-minute bouts on stationary bicycle), breathing in and out of a mouthpiece, and blood sampling.
- Third session is the same as the second session, but occurs approximately 6 weeks later.
- Volunteers will receive up to $225 compensation for completing the 3 sessions.
We are interested in recruiting children between 11-15 years of age who have Type 1 Diabetes but are otherwise healthy. We would also like to recruit age matched children who do not have diabetes. The study is to investigate the causes of the frequent occurrence of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) in these children, particularly during or after exercise.
Participants Needed: Healthy Type 1 Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Children 11-15 Years Old.
For Further Information, Please Call:Rebecca Flores
University of California, Irvine
General Clinical Research Center
Voice: (949) 824-4433
Email: [email protected]
PDF of this page
[ Back to Studies Page ]
Last Updated: Sat Oct 15 09:15:27 2005
Copyright © 1995-2007 Diabetes123 and Children with Diabetes. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Terms of Service. Comments and Feedback. Disclaimer. Privacy statement.